Sunday, June 14, 2009
This morning the delegation had the pleasure of attending the home church of my host family, Grace Church. Before arriving in Taiwan, Vicky shared the fact that she is a Christian and invited me to attend her church, so I’ve been looking forward to this opportunity to be part of their worship for weeks and to compare the differences in worship styles. The first surprise was that they had us take off our shoes before entering the small building. Thankfully, they graciously arranged for an English interpreter to allow us to understand the sermon. My favorite part of the service was the music because, although they were singing in Chinese, the translated lyrics were so meaningful and the music itself was very joyful and reverent. I wished I could have gotten a CD to share with my home church and friends! Other than the fact that the sermon was in a different language, nothing else seemed drastically different. The church was a modest size, but all the people there were so warm and welcoming; you could tell that God was working in them and through them. I can’t wait until October to invite the Taiwanese delegation to my church, Prestonwood Baptist Church.
No comments:
Post a Comment