Friday, June 12, 2009

Taiwan- Day 1

We just arrived in Taiwan after a flight cancellation in Los Angeles. As we walked out of customs our host students were waiting there to greet us with signs with our names on them. It was very exciting getting to finally meet them. On our bus ride to Hsinchu we had to stop at a rest stop to change before we met the mayor.Unfortunately he was not able to make our meeting because of a delayed flight. After the meeting the host parents picked up our luggage and some students went home with their families. Ben, Wil, Kayla, Tiffany, Maya, and I went with our host students to walk around down town. We ate some Thai food that was very good. Ben had a little trouble with his chopsticks, but I think he liked the food. While walking around we got some bubble tea, which is your choice of tea with tapioca balls in it. We have bubble tea in Plano, but I have never had it before. It was an interesting experience. I will definately have bubble tea when I get back to Plano. We went to the department store, Sogo, which was more like a mall-- it was 13 floors. We didn't go on every floor, though. That would have taken all day. But, from the few floors I did see, it has pretty much everything you could ever want. After that we went to our new homes and met the rest of the family. All in all it was a great first day, even after traveling for 42 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment