Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Later in the wee hours of Wed. morning

I forgot I wanted to mention a couple of other things -- when the kids say every minute is filled with an adventure, they truly mean every single minute.

This was the first school where the students wanted to speak specifically with Tiffany about her background. At our question and answer session they asked Tiffany if she was Asian. It was difficult for them to get their mind wrapped around the idea that she was Asian, but she was American. Even one of the administrators told me that when she arrived his first thought was "where is her uniform." Then, he realized she must be part of our delegation. They were fascinated by her and she answered questions beautifully.

Speaking of uniforms. The host school provided each of the children with a uniform top and school bag from the school. The girls especially talked about the looks they planned to "rock" and "own" in their shirts when they get back to Plano. I'm not sure what the difference between rocking a look and owning a look is, but they both were obviously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment