Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last Day

Today was our last full day in Taiwan. We got to sleep in this morning, because we didn't have to get up early to catch the bus for school. It was amazing. So Jessie and I woke up and took a taxi down town for some shopping, but she had to go home and study for her exams next week. When I arrived, most of the group was already there, but we were still waiting on a couple stragglers. So, Eleanor and I went to use the bathroom. Little did I know, the toilet that I used had a bidet. I walked out of the stall soaking wet after I accidentally turned it on instead of flushing.
After I dried off, we started shopping. It wasn't as hot today as usual so that made for a better shopping experience. Don't worry mom. I didn't spend too much money shopping. We shopped for t-shirts and jewelry and then found a great sale on jeans where Eleanor, Ben, and I all bought the same pair. Then for lunch we went to Mos Burger. It was so good, just like the last time that we went there. Then after we filled up on sprite and french fries, we continued shopping. Some girl wearing practically nothing told Eleanor she looked like Barbie. Then the group split up and Eleanor and I went shopping alone and we all decided to meet back at the hat store at 2:20. So we got all of our shopping done and as soon as we got back to the hat store, Eleanor and I found out we had been abandoned by our group. They left us to go shopping almost on the other side of downtown. Ben got a dirty look for that one.
Then Will Eleanor and I rode the escalators for about 20 minutes. Exhilirating. Then we headed for Lawliet's house for a parrrtttaayyy. We played Uno, playstation, pool, and sardines. Sardines is kind of like hide and seek except one person hides and then everyone else goes to look for them. When it was Will's turn, we decided to not look for him. He spent almost 30 minutes cramped in a cabinet thinking he had the best hiding place in the entire house. It was very hot and cramped in that closet. When it was time to leave, everyone went downstairs and took pictures with eachother and finally got in our cars to leave. When Jessie and I got home, her mother gave me tea, biscuits, cards, and a necklace to take home with me. Then Jessie gave me a set of chopsticks, cookies her grandma made, 2 keychains, and a photoalbum of us in Taiwan. I started crying, but I don't think Jessie noticed. Then we watched A Walk to Remember. Jessie had never seen it before so she cried at the end. I was asleep so I didn't notice.
Now I'm packing and reading the note Jessie's friend Ruby wrote. I cried when I realized I'm leaving tomorrow and I won't be able to say goodbye to her or any of Jessie's other friends. I'm and emotional wreck tonight. I can't believe we are going home tomorrow, but if the monsoon hits we might have to stay for another night or two. So we will see what tomorrow holds and in the mean time, I have to continue packing.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment