Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm a Plano Youth Ambassador--now what?

I am thrilled to be a part of the Plano Youth Delegation. Not too long ago, I would have never guessed I would be presented with such an amazing opportunity to travel to Hsinchu, Taiwan.
I think I, and the entire group, will learn many important things about life during this trip, one being how to appreciate the things we have. We tend to take things for granted in America, and I think experiencing another country's lifestyle will show us how to be grateful for our everyday objects (i.e, air conditioners, etc.) .
I am also ready to show Taiwan that all American teenagers are not loud, rebellious, and rude, or any other negative things the media may show.
I think this experience will change not only the Plano Youth Ambassadors' lives, but the Taiwanese as well, to show us all that although may have strong differences, we ourselves are not as different from eachother as we may believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment