Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm a Plano Youth Ambassador, Now what?!

Being selected for this trip to represent both my city, and my country, is truly an honor. Once selected, I had no idea how much work would have to be put into this before we even got to the airport. The group started a little rough at Henry's Ice Cream the week after we found out each other existed, but after many sweaty rehearsals, I think we have become pretty close. It's nice that I already knew all of the guys going with me (Wil and Robert from school and Malcolm from summer school), and getting to know the girls was pretty cool too.
In the days leading up to the send-off luncheon, I had no clue what to expect as far as meals and snacks while in Taiwan, but after that glorious twelve-plate feast, I am nothing short of excited to eat whatever is placed in front of me, especially that sparrow, scrumptious! Also, I was truly honored to be graced by the presence of United States Congressman Sam Johnson and all of the important people that showed up to watch our first true performance, which I do believe went phenomenally!
Well I'm off to finish my packing and get some much-needed sleep before heading off to the airport in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment